So January 8th was my big 40, and I have been dreading it since the beginning of Dec. I can remeber back to when Oke and I were first married and attending church in Phoenix. Many of the women were around 40 or older who I became acquainted with. I remember thinking " Wow ...look at those crow feet around there eyes; There hands are starting to wrinkle; I see a Turkey neck starting." WELL here I am 40 and I can't find my waistline anymore. My forehead needs Botox badly, and my hands are starting to wrinkle!!!! It's happening and I cant do anything about it.....unless I call the plastic surgeon asap! Everyone has been telling me that 40 is the new 20! HAHA Many kind hearted friends tell me they don't believe I am 40. BUT the truth remains... I am officially an old lady!!!!
Today my dear friend Thea took me to her stomping grounds......KUKIO. It is a very exclusive playground for the rich and famous. WE were sitting there having lunch and Lance Armstrong was having lunch one table over from us. I didn't even know until Thea pointed him out. What a dummy! We had a fantastic lunch and the conversation was even better. Thea gave me a darling cookie jar that looks just like my new coach purse from Ann. Thanks Ladies!! She also gave me a wish book from Tiffany's which I plan on putting to good use. LOL........ Watch out Oke!
Thanks Thea for an awesome day and letting me live in your world for the day.
My yummy birthday dessert!






4 comments:
Happy Belated B-day, you are a day after my mummy! Gosh I miss her and it'll be 8 yrs that she's been gone! I'm so glad that you updated your page...it's been awhile and my you've had some great things that happened to you...welp happy 40, and I'll see ya tomorrow at church,
Me
No way I don't believe it there's no way your 40!! We are still doing great in Litchfield the market does stink right now so we won't be moving to NC anytime soon. The Maher's are doing well I've been so busy I haven't had time to catch up with her for about a month. I loved your Christmas card you always take such great pictures!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Lookin' great at 40!!
We are back in PHX in our old house, its kind of weird but good to be back (kind of)! We are missing CA, but withe the economy and still owning this house it was getting hard. Let me know next time you are here and we can do lunch! Hope you are doing well...love all the pics of your cute kids!
How did I miss your post? It didn't show up on my update thing.. I am so sorry I missed your Birthday! Happy Lte Birthday My Friend..
Sounds like you had a Great time. And the place that you got to go sounds fun. You have some great friends.
Does Oki still work for Dr??? Did you see Troy got laid off? Ugh...
Post a Comment